Experience-based Training for Guides and Facilitators
Since 2001, GO-Adventures has been offering high quality teambuilding facilitator training clinics and adventure instruction guide training for new and experienced camp counselors, ropes course staff, and non-profit organizations from New York to West Virginia, and the MD/DC/VA metro area.
Our Adventure Guide and Teambuilding Facilitator Training Options
During our Teambuilding Facilitator Training Program students will deconstruct the team development process, learning tips and techniques that focus on:
- Trust (laying a foundation for openness and understanding that will allow participants to take risks)
- Conflict (gaining comfort with engaging in unfiltered discussion around important topics)
- Commitment (achieving buy-in for decisions made by the team)
- Accountability (willingness to confront one another about performance and behavioral concerns)
- Results (valuing collective outcomes more than individual recognition).
The typical teambuilding facilitator training will cover:
- Effective sequencing of activities
- Types of activities (games, getting-to-know you, initiatives, low elements, trust building)
- Framing and debriefing techniques
- Building vs. buying your props and equipment
- Resources for facilitators
Guide Training is designed for anyone interested in becoming an Outdoor Leader. Whether you are a Boy Scout Leader who wants to be able to help guide your Troop, or a Professional Guide looking to add another skill set, a GO-Adventures Guide Training program will teach you valuable “hard skills” – technical expertise in your given activity, as well invaluable “soft skills” – team dynamics and leadership techniques that help anyone working with a group.
GO-Adventures currently offers Guide Training programs in the following adventure activities:
- rock climbing (top-roping for beginners)
- mountain biking
- wilderness skills
- recreational tree climbing